Training programme and workload
The minimum workload of the training program will be 21 ECTS (3 seminars and 3 research colloquia) and will contain mandatory courses, which will focus on specific topics concerning theory, methodology, or current research problems in archaeological prospection, landscape archaeology, geoarchaeology, or GIS.
The formats will be:
- Research colloquia (3ECTS), which will be offered each semester.
- Weekly meetings of all candidates with a main focus on the discussion of current topics and progress reports.
- Seminars (4 ECTS), which will be offered in all semesters except the final.
- Fieldwork, 2 x 3 weeks on LBI ArchPro case studies
- Workshops (without ECTS), which will be offered during the first year.
- The curriculum will contain optional courses in transferable skills like project management, scientific writing, IPR etc.
- Temporary stays at other universities: Based on existing collaborations and the European LBI network the students are expected to spend some time abroad.
The curriculum of the candidates will fit the requirements of the new doctoral study program of the University of Vienna.
co Vienna Institute for Archaeological Science